Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Panorama!

Just got back from a weekend away to Panorama, BC. Caught up with my good mate Chad from Ontario (underworld carpark) I am trying to hit 15 different ski hills this season. A little obsessed? Anyway so far I have done..(in order)

Breckenridge, CO
Snowbird, UT
Sunshine Village, AB
Lake Louise, AB
Kicking Horse, BC
Revelstoke, BC
Panorama, BC

Just under half.. pretty sure its not going to happen. I have Fernie, Kimberly, Nakiska in the works. (got comp tickets for Nakiska which is really the only reason I'm going) Marmot Basin in Jasper is another possibility. Also want to hit up some resorts in Lake Tahoe on my way to Coachella.

Anyway speaking of Panorama. It all started out great we were up bright and early for first tracks and to beat all the people since it was Family Day weekend and a Saturday. So we decide to all do this cruisy green run to give Heather a little bit of a start. I flew to the bottom and ended up taking the chair lift back up to do another run. But as we are heading up I get this message saying she had hurt herself really badly and couldn't move. So Chad and I went back down to get her and she is still in the same spot. We take her board, gloves & helmet and she walks down. I leave her stuff at the bottom then Chad and I head back up the hill whilst Jemma & Sally take her to the infirmary. Once again I'm on the chair-lift and get a message "she has to go to hospital and get an x-ray" to which I respond "O geez tell her to have a beer I'll be down in an hour"

Anyway I go down and she is all slung up and we just tell her to sit at the bar and we will be back. Plus Heather also says she doesn't want to wreck our day! Chad and I seperated from Jemma & Sally and we went all over the place exploring trees, black, blue and some really dodgy runs. We get back to the Bar for lunch and Heather is nicely drunk so we get some food and get drunk with her. After lunch Chad and I run off again and do some more boarding. I think we finish up about 4/430 and we meet Heather, Jemma & Sally back in the pub. We end up getting super drunk. I think we left at like 9 or something.. not entirely sure. Went home I fell asleep on the floor for a bit. Everyone else went to bed and I ended up lying on the couch talking to Chad till about midnight where I fell asleep on the couch.

Sunday morning we took Heather to hospital then went back to the hill. Chad & I ditched the others again but I was really sketchy and hungover and accidentally for the first run of the day went down this super steep black mogully run. I think it took like an hour to get down.. Then I fell over and hit my elbow pretty hard so tired, hung-over & now hurting my confidence was shot! I lost chad for an hour and when I found him again (or he found me) went down and had a beer o'clock and a shot. Heather sent me a text she had broken her wrist haha. Cast for six weeks :) She will really fit into Banff now!! After the beer I felt much better and we went right up the top again and relaxed at the cabin right on top of the mountain just drinking beer and sitting back in the deck chairs.

Heather, Sally & Jemma left that night and Chad and I just got drunk and watched black books/extras till we passed out about Midnight. I got back into town about 2pm Monday.

No comments: